Just wanted to stress that I was not pregnant while conjuring up these strange food combinations nor do I eat like this on a daily basis. Hormones shifts and chemical imbalances may have been involved in maybe one or two of the items on my list. Not really sure what the driving force is behind eating such strange mash-ups, and I don’t think I will ever get to the bottom of it. The only bottom I am ever getting to the bottom of, is a bowl. Now that’s true talk! 😉
10. Eggs, Hashbrown, Sausage/Bacon Covered With Syrup
- Why not? It all goes down the same. Heck, if I am having flap jacks on the same plate, why not invite the others to join in the syrupy mess?
9. Spaghetti (w/Meat Marinara) Sandwich
- Not a very wise choice to add more carbs to the carbs you are already eating if you are trying to lose those extra pounds. But, it made sense for me to “kill 2 birds with one stone” and eat these two separate entities as a meal. Yum!
8. Raw Garlic Slices With…Anything
- Definitely do not do this for obvious reasons, but I heard a news story where raw garlic was good for the heart, so I decided to give it a try. I loved the sharp, strong, tang of flavor from the garlic and added it to almost anything I ate for lunch or dinner. Eventually, I stopped doing this when I decided to find a husband. LOL! 😉
7. Totino’s Pizza With A Thin Layer Of Mayo, Topped With Ready-To-Eat Salad
- I definitely do not do this anymore, nor will I ever forget the look on my mother’s face when she would watch me put this concoction together. I was lazy I guess when I came up with this idea to combine my salad with my cheap meal. I didn’t like the taste of the salad dressing with my pizza, so I would use a thin layer of mayo to give it some hold. It also helped glue everything together when folding the small pizza like a taco and eating it.
6. Pizza Crust Dipped In Soda (ex: Pepsi, Root Beer, Cherry Coke, Dr. Pepper)
- This may be the only thing I still do whenever I have pizza. I don’t really know how to describe what it tastes like really. Basically, it is what it is and tastes like it too. Hope that makes sense. 😉
5. Fast Food French Fries Dipped in Vanilla Milkshake or Soft Serve
- I know of others who have indulged in this behavior as well. Don’t knock it until you try it. It’s pretty darn good! The sweet and the salty combination make for a pleasant surprise in my mouth. 🙂
4. Peanut Butter and Pickle Sandwich
- Something I ate during my high school years. Not sure I would do it again, but it tasted good at the time.
3. English Muffin, Sausage Patty, and Grape Jelly
- Decided to combine these three while eating a McDonald’s Big Breakfast. To my surprise, it was very good. Savory and sweet coming together for a good time in my tummy.
2. Mayonnaise Stirred Into Ramen Noodles With Rice
- This makes my husband want to regurgitate his meal when he hears me talk about this past blunder. I saw my sister do it once, and decided to try it. It’s interesting and I liked the cool, creaminess it added to what should be a hot meal. Don’t worry, I do not do this anymore. 😉
1. Spreadable Butter, Sliced Banana, and Pace Picante Salsa Sandwich
- What can I say? I just got home from junior high and was completely depleted of any food source in my tummy. I needed to feed my inner and emerging beast and I needed to feed it quick before someone was going to die. For some reason, in the mind of a teenager, it made perfect sense to combine these foods together and make a meal out of it. It tasted good at the time, but it was a one time deal. I have never brought those 4 ingredients together after that. Definitely a “What was I thinking?” moment. I am reminded of that scene from The Breakfast Club where Ally Sheedy’s character makes a sandwich out of Captain Crunch cereal and Pixie Sticks. To each their own!!! 🙂